[Spellyans] Cornish Language Funding Cut

Clive Baker clive.baker at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 21:23:26 IST 2016

As far as I am aware, no money whatsoever has been given to publish any
traditional forms of Cornish... the only monies that have come forth are
the miniscule subsidies (about £5, rarely £10 a week) to those classes
teaching Cornish. It helps pay the rent and heating but not much.

 Any printing they do for us, ( course books annually) are done by them at
our cost..which I agree is cheaper than I could get it done outside, and we
are billed by Cornwall Council. The bulk of any money has gone to
maintaining Maga, its staff, and projects such as they were, including
travelling throughout the celtic world.
We desperately need more than we have been given so far, but they haven't
helped us much at all, and we have published and printed books off our own
backs, along with Evertype and Gwask an Orlewen... dhe Dhew re bo grassys
rag pryntyans war dhemond!
Today we have had a fantastic display of books published with no help at
all at Trevithick day...