[Spellyans] Excel SWF-KK-Traditional Corpus-WIP

Daniel Prohaska daniel at ryan-prohaska.com
Mon Feb 1 11:05:03 GMT 2016

The SWF “rules” are very haphazard and many of them appear to have been formulated on the fly, or even in hindsight. Now, ‹distruksyon› does appear in the 2012 PDF of the SWF glossary, but it must be a mistake, as it is the only word with “etymological” -tion or -cion, that is written with ‹syon›, all others show ‹cyon› (e.g. akusacyon, deklaracyon, fondacyon, mencyon, menystracyon, nacyon, revelacyon, salvacyon, etc.), so I would emend SWF ‹distruksyon› to ‹distrukcyon› which would then give SWF/tg ‹distruccyon›. There are examples of ‹ccion› in the texts, e.g. ‹perfeccion› (TH), ‹thestruccion, destruccion› (TH), ‹effeccion› (TH), ‹correccion› (TH), ‹instruccion› (TH), ‹resurreccion› (TH), but also ‹condiccion› (TH).

Dan