[Spellyans] Excel SWF-KK-Traditional Corpus-WIP

Nicholas Williams njawilliams at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 14:24:31 GMT 2016

Sacryfys is always a noun, spelt sacryfys in the Ordinalia. It occurs as sakyrfeys in BM and as sacrifice, sacryfice in TH, SA and CW.  SA also has sacrafice. The verb is sacryfye. There is no need for sacryfisa. Indeed I know of no Cornish verb with the suffix -isa, -ysa.
Verbs in -fya (KS -fia) on the other hand are well attested:
edyfia, gloryfia, jùstyfia, magnyfia, satysfia, sygnyfia, testyfia.
It could be argued therefore that *sacryfisa is unnecessary, inauthentic and badly formed.

Nicholas
,