[Spellyans] Excel SWF-KK-Traditional Corpus-WIP

Nicholas Williams njawilliams at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 13:05:52 GMT 2016

kw occurs once in:

pan fue an purpur war skwych kychys the ves gans dywthorn RD 2595-96.

In all this discussion one is tempted to ask two questions:

1 Why does a single written form have two distinct variants?
2 Why does an agreed orthography for a resuscitated language use non-traditional graphs at all?

As it stands the SWF in both varieties is not tradtional (e.g. *hweg, *kwestyon), is ambiguous (e.g. kussul), is inconsistent (e.g. melin but gwelyn) and, in my view, is frequently incorrect (e.g. *orthiv, *gwragedh).

I can see little reason to use the SWF in either of its two forms.

Nicholas