[Spellyans] Excel SWF-KK-Traditional Corpus-WIP

Christian Semmens christian.semmens at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 15:38:42 GMT 2016

The main thrust of the SWF appears to have been primarily to make as few
spelling changes from KK as possible whilst side lining the traditional
forms.

KK lost the invisible component of their system namely their phonology
which nobody used anyway, which of course completely removed the
raison-d'etre for the novel graphs. However the ever present conservative
mantra that "it might confuse people" was used to maintain them ignoring
the fact that half the language movement never used them anyway.

IIRC the price of acceptance of vocalic alternation was the primacy of the
novel graphs which I thought at the time was a pyrrhic victory.

Christian