[Spellyans] Excel SWF-KK-Traditional Corpus-WIP

A. J. Trim ajtrim at msn.com
Thu Feb 11 23:39:07 GMT 2016

kk:
I can find only three instances of kk in the SWF (main) list, so what is
the "everything else" to which you refer?

Looking at the Awesome list (attested forms), there are 8 kc, 21 cc, 23
kk but 126 ck.

k to c conversion:
For some reason, k did not get transcribed to c in the following.
Note: I am referring to the second k in each case:

     kemynskrif
     kemyska
     kemyskans
     kenskrif
     kensskrif
     kesakordyans
     keskal
     keskales
     keskan
     keskar
     keskar
     keskarieth
     keskarydh
     keskarydhes
     kesklappya
     keskolodnekᴸ
     keskolon
     keskolonekter
     keskolonnek
     keskomunya
     keskomunyans
     keskorra
     keskoweth
     keskowethes
     keskowethyans
     keskows
     keskowselᴸ
     keskowsva
     keskreuni
     keskussulyans
     kesskol
     kesskrifa
     kesskrifans
     kesskrifer
     kesskrifores
     kilokalori
     k'lonka
     kynsskrif

I apologise, klapkodh was indeed converted correctly. My mistake.
I also spelt kesklappya wrongly. Sorry about that.

kt to ct:
This is used in Kernowek Standard, so it would not be new orthography --
just not SWF, perhaps.
Looking at the Awesome list (attested forms), there are 7 kt but about
31 ct.

nantei:
The stress is on the second syllable.
I believe that the diphthong ei occurs only in stressed word-final
position, and then only in Late Cornish variants. The diphthong ei is
never changed to ey.
I have seen a Middle Cornish variant spelt nansi elsewhere, reportedly
from Anglo-French non si. Is nantei the same word? If so, it should be
marked L for Late Cornish.

Regards,

Andrew J. Trim