[Spellyans] A note on KS orthography

Philip Newton philip.newton at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 05:10:31 GMT 2016

On 31 December 2015 at 19:05, Michael Everson <everson at evertype.com> wrote:
> We have long made sure to disambiguate “sh” from “s’h” in words like lies’he ‘to multiply’, les’hanow ‘nickname’.
>
> We also do this in words like arnoweth’he ‘to modernize’, orthographically, lest someone confuse “thh” with some sort of geminate [θː].

That makes me wonder: what is the KS spelling of the word for "pronoun"?

UC spells this "rag-hanow", UCR "raghanow" which could be confused for
"ra-gha-now" i.e. with the "gh" sound in the middle.

SWF, following KK, spells this "rakhanow", presumably for the sole
reason of disambiguating the otherwise-misleading "gh" sequence of
letters.

Does KS use "raghanow, rag-hanow, rag'hanow, rakhanow", or some other spelling?

Regards,
Philip Newton