[Spellyans] Excel SWF-KK-Traditional Corpus-WIP

Nicholas Williams njawilliams at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 20:02:35 GMT 2016

Why sacrifisa? If this is verb, it should be sacrifia (KS sacryfia):

eugh sacryfyeugh in scon OM 438
guren vn alter tek ha da may hyllyn sacryfye OM 1170-71
gul alter sur da vye ha thotho agan lothnow warnethy sacryfye OM 1174-76
may hyllyn del goth dybry ha the'n tas sacrefie PC 625-26.

The use of -y in names of countries is based on iudy in RD and Lyby, Itury in BK.
-ya, -ea in such case seems equally authentic:

cappadocia, asia, ha bithinia TH 47
Ha e Fauge geeth der ol Syrya Kerew
en Bethalem a Judeah Kerew

The list includes carpenter, but in view of masons ha karpentorryon OM 2410; the ol an Karpentoryon OM 2422 carpentor, carpentoryon should be allowed.

The list includes specyly, but ha specyly ree ov tena BM 1509 implies that the word is a disyllable. We write spessly.

Nicholas