[Spellyans] "cat's cradle" in Cornish?

Clive Baker clive.baker at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 11:04:43 IST 2016

Well Eddie,
 from all those options, there's something attractive to me about 'the claw
of the goose'. It seems to carry some authenticity about it rather than
just 'a string game''. Of course I speak without any knowledge
what-so-ever, either of ancient games or the languages involved.
The game 'cat's cradle' must be a very old game, as variations of it seem
to appear across many of the cultures I have been fortunate enough to
experience...even amongst the Kashgai and Bachtiar tribesmen of Northern
Iran, but for the life of me, I cannot remember what they called
it...although it wasn't just 'string game'.

kemereugh wyth
Clive