[Spellyans] New dictionary for Kernowek Standard

Ray Chubb ray at spyrys.org
Wed Nov 15 17:13:20 GMT 2017

Hi Herbie,

No, that's not what I mean at all. Nicholas posited many new words in
the English-Cornish dictionary and if they were used by anyone in
speech or writing there was no way of finding out their meaning. Now,
because Ian has used the vocabulary of the 2006 dictionary, for some
of those words at least, there is a way.

I'm sure that those wishing to use UC or UC(r) will be quite capable
of respelling them from KS.

On 15 Du 2017, at 16:18, e-mail kevin.blackburn1 wrote:

> Ray,
>
> By reversal do you mean a dictionary to undo the good Nicholas's
> UC(r) dictionary? For me this move takes Cornish away from any
> historical roots, which is where my interest in Cornish started and
> remains.
>
> Herbie
>
> Sent from my webmail using kevin.blackburn1 at ntlworld.com
>

>> On 15 November 2017 at 15:31 Ray Chubb <ray at spyrys.org> wrote:
>>
>> Last Friday Agan Tavas launched a new conversation dictionary in
>> Kernowek Standard, details may be found here:  https://www.agantavas.com/cornish-conversation-dictionary/
>>
>> Compiled by Ian Jackson, Agan Tavas welcomes this dictionary as a
>> part reversal of the UC(r) English-Cornish dictionary compiled by
>> Nicholas and republished in 2006. The dictionary has been compiled
>> in a scholarly and meticulous manner as one would expect from
>> someone with Ian's background. It provides just the sort of words
>> that typically crop up at Yeth an Weryn  meetings.
>>
>> Gromercy milweyth dhywgh Ian.
>>

>> Ray Chubb
>>
>> Scryvynyas Agan Tavas
>>
>> Portreth