[Spellyans] A breakdown of Cornish vocabulary.

Ken MacKinnon ken at ferintosh.org
Mon Sep 10 11:03:33 BST 2018

Yes, Janice.

What we now call ‘English’ has been creolised at several periods:-

1)     Old English creolised chiefly at the syntactic level with indigenous British (Celtic) in earliest period;

2)     Subsequent creolisations with incoming Danish;

3)     Ditto with Norman French.

All have left their mark.

-        Ken