[Spellyans] 'Book' in the Akademi dictionary

Nicholas Williams njawilliams at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 14:44:38 BST 2021

We must try to keep our revived language as close as possible to the traditional language, otherwise it becomes a conlang.
Except before -h- the short vowels e and i <y> are in free variation in open syllables. The unnecessary L and M designations could be removed and be replaced by a statement ‘e and y tend to alternate in open syllables’; Late Cornish speakers often prefer the e-form’.
I don’t know how the Late forms keniffer and keneffra would fit in there.

Nicholas Williams