[Spellyans] -ita

A. J. Trim ajtrim at msn.com
Tue Jul 1 14:23:01 BST 2008

I looked at the discussion list, as suggested.
I did not find many problems there.
Clearly, the list of <y-> words is short and can easily be learnt.

I did not see any words starting <î->. Do we really need <î->?

Is ilyn "limpid" one of these? (îlyn)

I have seen yredy in the texts, does iredy also occur?

Should iwys "indeed" be ywys?; and should iwyn "yew" be ywyn?

I did not see ytho "therefore". Will that start with <i->?

The word for "is" is given as yw. Will ew be an alternative?
yu (mainly as yv) and ew are much more common in the traditional texts than
yw.

Regards,

Andrew J. Trim