Owen Cook owen.e.cook at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 17:28:27 BST 2008

Which would bring us close in practice, if not in theory, to Nicholas'
idea of alternation between /i/ and /e/...

A great deal of ink has been spilt arguing over these questions, but
ultimately we cannot directly know much for sure when we're talking
about Middle Cornish phonology. I was looking at Jon's review of the
GLKK, and all the way back then he was talking about determining
Cornish phonology based on contrastive minimal pairs in Lhuyd. That's
still the only really secure source for Cornish phonology.

~~Owen