[Spellyans] bio

Ron Goodey rgoodey4 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 16 14:13:42 BST 2008

A ysyly whek:  Hello, apologies for the delay in sending this.  My name is Ron Goodey and my interest in Celtic languages - especially Welsh and Cornish - began when I was a teenager (60+ years ago).  I am very interested - as a lay person - in foreign languages and am acquainted with a number - French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean,  Thai and others.  In my early 20's I joined a European multinational and remained with them for 36 years in management positions, mainly in the Far East. I have lived in Thailand since 1977 and retired here 12 years ago and decided to ,"pick up" Cornish after so many years.  I was astounded at learning what had happened in the late 1980's with Cornish.  I am glad there are now many persons who are are very interested in/speak the language - plus the many activities that take place.   In particular I am very happy tp be able to follow on the computer that the Revival has made tremendous strides forward over the years and is continuing to do so, despite the problem areas encountered.  Gans gorhemmynadow an gwella, Ron