[Spellyans] Front unrounded vowels, was: The quantity system

A. J. Trim ajtrim at msn.com
Tue Jun 24 22:55:51 BST 2008

Yes, I would prefer to use an acute accent, rather than using a dieresis,
providing the acute accent is not going to be used for something else.
I use a Windows PC, and all I have to do is to press the AltGr button whilst
typing my vowel.
This works for <é> easily. I have made it work for <ý> (by re-mapping my
keyboard using the freely available Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator) but
some people would have difficulty with this. Some fonts don't work but most
do. Unfortunately, I don't currently have access to a Mac or Linux machine,
so I cannot try on those.

Regards,

Andrew J. Trim