[Spellyans] SWF principles

Craig Weatherhill weatherhill at freenet.co.uk
Thu Jun 26 23:00:44 BST 2008

Indeed, as you rightly say, it is flagrant "dewgell".  KK is not an
"established tradition" by any stretch of the imagination.  It is an
artificial construct devised just over 20 years ago.  For me,
"established tradition" should refer to Cornish orthography,  as written
down by native speakers in the centuries prior to the revival.  Although
much of the revival (Nance, Jenner, Williams, Gendall) did retain and
respect much of that tradition, KK did not.  It threw it aside because
its devisors believed they knew better than those who were brought up to
speak and write the language (and who were Cornish as well).

Craig