[Spellyans] kist, Crist

nicholas williams njawilliams at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 10:36:37 BST 2008

To be fair, I think that kist for kyst is an error in Dan's
dictionary, not a systematic decision. Dan' dictionary is based
on George who is wholly inconsistent about this word and its
derivatives. George cites:

kyst
kystenn
kyst-lyther (i.e. kyst lyther)
kyst-vaglenn (i.e. kyst vaglenn)
kystven
atalgyst

but

strolgist —where the reader is told that the second element is 2KIST.
There is no 2KIST. There isn't
any 1KIST either.

Nicholas