[Spellyans] gawas 'to get'

nicholas williams njawilliams at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 09:25:30 BST 2011

D.H. Frost in his very thorough article "Glasney Parish Clergy and the Tregear Manuscript" (Cornish Studies 15: 27-87) suggests (pp 52-53) that John Tregear may have been ordained priest in the year 1522 or even slightly before. That would mean that he was educated and learnt to write Cornish well before the dissolution of Glasney.

Nicholas