[Spellyans] gawas 'to get'

Daniel Prohaska daniel at ryan-prohaska.com
Thu Sep 8 15:44:36 BST 2011

Me neither. I quite like the idea of using <v> where we always find /v/ (eg.
an venyn, gav, nev), use /f/ where there is variation or uncertainty (e.g.,
fos, cafos, fenester) and <ff> where /f/ is unambiguous (e.g. scaffa,
affeccyon, offra, scriffa). The letter <f> would then be an ‘umbrella graph’
for words with /v/ ~ /f/.
Just an idea.
Dan

  _____