[Spellyans] Ballroom dancing

Hedley Climo eddie_climo at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 1 14:28:15 BST 2012

The American OED has the definition
> ballroom dancing. formal social dancing in couples…

That suggests something like 'donsya furfvus/furvek'. Alternatively, UCR has 'hel donsya' for a ballroom; simply inverting it to 'donsya hel' might do the trick, or following some of the models below, we might have 'donsya salon' (UCR does offer this latter word)

Using Wikipedia's entries on the subject, we find that other languages include the following terms: Standardtânze (German), Danse de salon (French), Baile de salón (Galician, Spanish), Stijldans (Dutch), Dansuri de societate (Romanian).

Eddie Climo