[Spellyans] "Landscape"

Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Tue Apr 25 16:08:06 BST 2017

We have <tirwedh> for "landscape".  How does the second element of this word (presumably <*gwedh>) translate into English?
I need opinions for the Penwith Landscape Partnership, please.

I note that <tirwel> is also in current use.  That of course, is rather simpler to unravel - <tir> + <gwel>, "prospect, view".


More information about the Spellyans mailing list