[Spellyans] "Tribe"

ken at ferintosh.org ken at ferintosh.org
Sat Feb 15 12:31:03 GMT 2020

Craig, and colleagues,

I also very strongly back this idea.   These names ate in fact reported in written texts, if that is the criterion for acceptance, as they appear on maps and official documents of all ages, almost invariably dated, and hence provide  dated evidence of sociolinguistic change.

A list of such words/elements would thus be invaluable as a source of otherwise missing lexicon, and as a resource for research into linguistic change.

A  working list might be a good start on this, Craig, and I would most enthusiastically urge you to undertake it.  I for one would be up for collaboration on its use in linguistic landscape, and glottochronology research.

Some while ago I was searching for another word for ‘ridge’.  I knew I had come across one somewhere.  ‘Mujoven’ here fills that gap.

*	An ken Ken